Open back headphones are not your average headphones. These types of headphones offer the best sound quality out of all the headphones on the market. One of the reasons why many users want to buy the best open back headphones they can buy is because they are designed in a way that lets the headphone breathe.
This breathing allows the sound to travel in a way that significantly improves the sound quality. You can also enjoy less pressure on your ears which enables you to listen to music longer and not have to take a break from them. But, which open back headphones are worth buying?
10 Best Open Back Headphones Under $200 for Gaming
We’ll find out the best open-back headphones for gaming in this article. More importantly, we have kept our budget for open back headphones under $200. So if you are looking for the best open-back headphones for gaming, you are at right place as in this article, you’ll come to know about ten best open back headphones under $200. Let’s get started!
1. Audio Technica AUD AUD ATHAD500X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones
- Newly designed 53 mm drivers with CCAW voice coils reproduce remarkably natural sound, with deep, impactful bass and outstanding vocal projection.Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Open-air headphones produce no sense of pressure on the ears, resulting in a completely natural sensation
- Lightweight honeycomb aluminum casing
- Self-adjusting 3D Wing Support Housing provides comfortable support for a more enjoyable listening experience
- Flexible raised-fabric earpads offer excellent wearing comfort and durability
A pair of open back headphones that I think you’ll like is the Audio Technica AUD ATHAD500X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones. You can get them on Amazon for $65.00 (at the time of writing) and enjoy everything it has to offer.
With these open back headphones, you get 53mm drivers with CCAWvoice calls that give you a more natural sound and fantastic vocal projection. Thanks to the lightweight honeycomb aluminum casing, you won’t have any extra weight on you.
It also features a self-adjusting 3D wing support housing that also helps to give you the best possible sound. There’s also the gold-plated stereo 1/8¨ (3.5mm) connector with 1/4 (6.3mm) adapter.
It can be very annoying when the cord on your headphones get all tangled up, not to mention the time you’ll spend un-tangling them. That’s not going to happen with this model of open-air headphones, thanks to the highly conductive OFC (oxygen-free copper) single-sided cable that has an elastic TPE. Check it out!
2. Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 32 ohm HiFi headphones
- The famous DT 990 Premium, 32 ohm version; Stereo Headphone for MP3, iPhone, iPod and home audio applications, analytical, true sound reproduction. Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Made in Germany, innovative "Bass reflex" system for excellent audio performance
- Open design, includes carry case, 11 oz light weight
- Gold vaporized stereo 3.5 mm mini-jack & 6.35 mm adapter
- 2 year manufacturer warranty only when purchased from an authorized beyerdynamic dealer.
The Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 32 ohm HiFi headphones come in a beautiful silver color. Unfortunately, that is the only color it comes in, but silver is still a great universal color. They’re available for $ 198.99 and come in a 32-ohm version. These are stereo headphones for MP3, home audio, and iPhone.
The premium headphone is made in Germany, feature bass flex, and have a gold vaporized stereo 3.5mm mini-jack and 3.35 adapter. If anything goes wrong in the first two years that you have them, the warranty will make sure you get the problem fixed. Check out this premium quality headphone.
3. AKG Acoustics K701 Reference Class Headphones
- Revolutionary flat-wire voice
With a unique design, the AKG Acoustics K701 Reference Class Headphones these open-back headphones are made to stand out from the rest. It has flat-wire technology and altarpiece 2-layer diaphragm self-adjusting genuine leather headband bi-wiring.
There’s also the high-performance cable with 1/4 jack plug and the specially shaped 3D form they have to maximum comfort. They can be all your at Amazon for $199.00. Want this? Grab it now before someone else does.
4. AKG K 240 MK II Stereo Studio Headphones
- Over-ear designfor comfort during long work sessions
- Semi-open technologyfor solid bass and airy highs
- Patented Varimotion 30 mm XXL transducerfor accurate signal transfer and great dynamic range
- Self-adjusting headbandfor optimum fit
- The choice of professionals around the worldstage and studio standard for more than two decades
The AKG K 240 MK II Stereo Studio Headphones, are still open-back but just barely. It’s an excellent choice if you don’t like the design of the headphones that are completely open. They also come with leatherette and velvet earpads to make your music listening experience more pleasant.
This is a one size fits all headphone thanks to the self-adjusting headband, so you’ll always be able to find the perfect fit. I can’t forget about the patented varimotion 30m XXL transducer for the perfect signal transfer.
The specs list keeps going with a Detachable 10-inch straight cable and 16-inch coiled cable included, 200mW maximum input power, 200mW maximum input power, and a 15Hz-25kHz frequency range. You may get these stereo studio headphones for $112.99 from Amazon.
5. SIVGA Solid Wood Over-Ear Deep Bass Headphones with Open Back Design
- SIVGA headphones features classic style and unique sound quality. Handcrafted with genuine and all-natural wood to bring a striking look and superior acoustic listening experience for you.
- SV007 features deep bass and exceptional audio quality. Open back design provides bigger sound stage and reduce damage on the ear. Perfectly Fit Rock, R&B/Soul, Pop, Hip Hop, Jazz, Classical, Country and most popular music.
- Built for Comfort: Two Ear Cups can be rotated up to 180°, convenient for single-side monitor. Stretchable headband with premium leather is flexible to fit different head shapes. Soft ear pads provide excellent comfort and allow for hours of listening.
- Two Detachable Audio Cables: one 1.4-meter cable with microphone for hands-free calls; 1.8m stereo audio cable with 3.5mm and 6.35mm adaptor for monitoring.
- Compatibility: 3.5 mm audio jack provides a stronger sound connection without leakage. Fully compatible with phones,iPod,iPad, MP3 players and car stereo.
Unlike any other open back headphone model on the list, the SIVGA Solid Wood Over-Ear Deep Bass Headphones have solid wood as part of their design that makes it stand out from the rest. The headphone features 50mm dynamic driver with five diaphragms and open back design to give you a great sound.
These open-back headphones are perfect for listening to all kinds of music genres such as hip hop, jazz, rock, R&B/Soul, country, classical and more. The acoustic membrane for this headset is 25% bigger than other models resulting in a fantastic bass.
You’ll also be impressed that they even rotate in every direction so they will fit in any compartment for easy travel. They can shift left and right 360 degrees and up/down 180 degrees. Your ears will be covered by protein leather pads that fit comfortably.
In the box, you’ll get two interchangeable cables, omnidirectional mic, a remote to use with smartphones and tablets. Can’t forget about the stereo audio cable. If you think that these are the open back headphones for you, they are available at Amazon for $79.99.
6. AudioMX HS-5S Studio Monitor Headphones for Mixing and Recording
- Exceptional audio clarity and balance with an extended frequency range (15 Hz - 30,000 Hz), 55 Ohm impedance
- 42 mm large-aperture drivers with Neodymium magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- 110° swiveling earcups for single-ear monitoring anytime; self-adjustable and flexible headband delivers a fatigue-free listening experience that can last for hours, perfect for mastering and mixing
- 10-foot cord ends in 99.99% oxygen-free copper and gold plated plugs; 1/8" to 1/4" stereo jack adapter included
- Replacement mid-density foam ear pads included
For $107 you can be the proud owner of the AudioMX HS-5S Studio Monitor Headphones for Mixing and Recording. The frequency range on this headset is 15hz – 30,000 Hz, 55 Ohm impedance, has a 42 mm large-aperture drivers with neodymium magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils.
The open back studio monitor headphones also feature 100-degree swiveling earcups, a must-have feature for all DJ’s everywhere. There’s also the 10-foot cord that finishes in 99.99% oxygen-free copper and gold plated plugs. Last but not least, it also has a 1/8¨to 1/4¨stereo jack adapter and a replacement mid-density foam ear pads. Check out this open back studio monitor headphone on Amazon.
7. Superlux HD668B Dynamic Semi-Open Headphones
- Natural, spatial and accurate sound. Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Silvery, clear cymbals
- Pleasantly natural trebles
- Unobtrusive, natural strings and wind instruments
- For all types of music
Priced at $38.99 the Superlux HD668B Dynamic Semi-Open Headphones are practically being given away. These headphones keep things simple with a traditional construction of black plastic and vinyl.
The Superlux headphones are also a great choice thanks to the breakaway cable a-la Philips SHO9560, and a male plug an inch down the cord. Your ears will be completely covered since the inner pads are quite large, but the cups are a tad bit shallow.
You’ll get great sound with these headphones since the leaks are very little. If you take into consideration what the asking price is, the specs the headset has are very decent. This dynamic semi-open headphone is available on Amazon for just $44.94.
8. Philips SHP9500 HiFi Precision Stear Over-ear Headphones
- 50mm neodymium Drivers Deliver Full Spectrum of Sound
- 1.5m cable gives you freedom of movement for indoor use
- Comfortable double layered headband cushion, Breathable ear cushion for longer wearing comfort
- Finishing of connector: Gold-plated, Acoustic System: Open, Magnet type: Neodymium
- Impedance: 32 ohm, Maximum power input: 200mW, Sensitivity: 101 dB, Speaker diameter: 50mm, Frequency response: 12-35 000Hz
Philips not only makes light bulbs but they also have headphones out there. For example, there’s the Philips SHP9500 HiFi Precision Stereo Over-ear Headphones for $68.90.
For that price you get specs such as 500 neodymium drivers deliver a full spectrum of sound, 3-meter cable, double layered headband cushion, breathable ear cushion, gold-plated connector, neodymium, 200mW maximum input, 32-ohm impedance, 101 dB sensitivity, 50mm speaker diameter and a 12-35 000Hz frequency response. Get Philips SHP9500S HiFi Precision Stereo Over-ear Headphones (Black) for just $74 from Amazon.
9. Grado SR80e Prestige Series Headphones
- Upgraded driver design. Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Large ear cushions for comfortable listening
- Adjustable, soft vinyl headband
- Superb sound quality
- Mini stereo plug with 1/4-inch adaptor
The Grado Prestige Series SR80E Headphones are the perfect choice if you need them for either gaming or music. They can be all yours on Amazon for $99.00. With the plastic housing, it features, you won’t have to deal with so much transient distortion.
The open back headphones also come with a 4-conductor cable design, gold-plated mini-plug, and a 1/4¨adapter. You can easily use these open-back headphones for your gaming system, phone, or even your tablet. The price for this open back headphone is just under $100. Get it for just $99 from Amazon.
10. Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Audiophile-grade over-ear, open-back headphones
- Twist and lock single-sided cable eliminates tangles and simplifies exchanges
- Gold-plated 1/4" plug with 1/8" adapter
- Highly optimized, field-strengthened neodymium ferrous magnet system
The Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones delivers great audio with rich bass and fantastic sense of space. It’s available on Amazon for $110.00 and offers a twist and lock single-sided cable that gets rid of tangles and makes exchanges easier.
It also has a gold-plated 1/4 inch plug with a 1/8 inch adapter. The sound effect is stunning thanks to the Internal Sound Reflector that push sound towards and away from you.
You can easily listen to your favorite music at the maximum level and not have to worry about distortion. The headphones do lack a 3.5mm jack, so this might not be the best choice for computers or mobile devices. Other than that these are headphones that are worth a try.
The Pro Review from TechReviewPro
With so many great choices, it’s going to be a tough task deciding which is the best open back headphone to go with. The model you choose is going to depend on what you will be using the headphones for but on the list; you’ll be able to find an option for just about any occasion.
It doesn’t matter if it’s only for listening to music, mixing, or just to make phone calls, you’ll find the perfect choice here. So, which open back headphones are you more inclined to get? Leave a comment below and let us know.