Bookshelf speakers are a must if you’re a music lover. They don’t take up too much space and let you listen to your favorite music after a terrible day at work. But, not everyone has an unlimited budget where they can buy a speaker worth over a thousand dollars.
That’s why I have selected the best bookshelf speakers for budget-conscious buyers. If you are looking for the best bookshelf speaker to buy, keep reading this article as you’ll find out 11 best bookshelf speakers under $200.
The following are bookshelf speakers that have a price tag of under two hundred dollars and offer a great sound as well. That way, you won’t have to break the bank to have a good bookshelf speaker.
- 11 Best Bookshelf Speakers Under $200
- 1. Fluance XLBP Wide Dispersion Bipolar Surround Sound Speakers
- 2. Boston Acoustics Classic II CS26 2-Way 6-1/2-Inch Bookshelf Speaker
- 3. Polk Audio AM4095-A Monitor 40 Series II Bookshelf Speaker
- 4. Klipsch RB-51 II Black (Pr) 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers
- 5. Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
- 6. Mackie CR4
- 7. Edifier USA e25 Luna Eclipse
- 8. BIC America DV62si
- 9. Yamaha NS-6490
- 10. M-Audio AV42 Compact Studio Speakers
- 11. Fluance Signature Series HiFi Bookshelf Surround Sound Speakers
11 Best Bookshelf Speakers Under $200
According to Wikipedia, bookshelf loudspeaker (or bookshelf speaker) is a compact loudspeaker, generally sold for consumer-grade home audio applications as part of a shelf stereo pair or home theater package, that is compact in size and intended to be placed on a raised surface, e.g. a bookshelf.
Now, let’s explore our pick for the best bookshelf speakers under$200.
1. Fluance XLBP Wide Dispersion Bipolar Surround Sound Speakers
With the Fluance XLB Wide Dispersion Bipolar Surround Sound Speakers, you get a pair of speakers that can offer the movie theatre sound experience. The speaker configuration is a two-way and four-way bipolar surround with a dual 5-Inch polymer that’s treated with butyl rubber.
The power handling is 60-120 watts, and its frequency response is 60Hz-20KHz. It also has a sensitivity of 88dB @ 2.83V / 1m, measures 11.4 x 7.6 x 13.8 inches, and weights 11.5 per speaker.
The Fluence speakers are a bipolar type and offer an impedance of 8 Ohms and are a perfect fit in a Dolby Atmos Surround Sound System. It will set you back $199.99 but it’s worth every penny.
- Replicate the movie theater experience with immersive bipolar surround sound
- Bipolar radiation pattern for wide dispersion and optimum surround imaging
- Premium components ensure serious performance, natural sound and seamless timbre to match with the Fluance XL Series and other high quality systems
- Meticulously-crafted engineered MDF wood cabinetry to reduce resonance, with a rich mahogany wood grain finish
- Ultra high-end neodymium balanced silk dome tweeters provide accurate high frequency response
2. Boston Acoustics Classic II CS26 2-Way 6-1/2-Inch Bookshelf Speaker
For $105.43 the Boston Acoustics Classic II CS26 Speakers can be all yours. The speakers offer stereo and immersive sound since their frequency can range from 120Hz to 25 KHz. Thanks to the traditional square cabinet, the speakers provide nothing but quality sound.
The bass sound is also fantastic thanks to the graphite they are injected with. With the graphite, you get a more resonant bass sound that will undoubtedly impress your guests. The speaker wires feature five-way gold-plates binding posts to give you the best-wired connection possible.
The gold plates also make it possible to minimize gaps and frequency losses. You also enjoy MagnaGuard that helps prevent video interference.
- Boston-engineered for outstanding performance
- Kortec soft dome tweeter for crystalline high-frequency sound
- Deep Channel Design (DCDE) for more bass from less amplifier power
- Easy and secure wire connections
3. Polk Audio AM4095-A Monitor 40 Series II Bookshelf Speaker
For $ 162.99 you can get your hands on the Polk Audio AM4095-A Monitor 40 Series II Bookshelf Speaker. It features a 1-Inch fabric/polymer composite dynamic balance dome tweeter with a fantastic neodymium magnet structure. Thanks to this, you get a high-frequency response and clear sound.
There is also the mylar bypass capacitors so you can get more detailed high frequencies. As if that weren’t enough, the speaker also features a non-resonant all-MDF enclosure construction with a 3/4 inch thick baffles for a lifelike sound.
The 5 1/4-Inch Bi-laminate composite dynamic balance drivers can give you an excellent bass and a lower distortion. This is possible because the drivers are lightweight and stiff with excellent damping.
- 1-inch (25mm) fabric/polymer composite Dynamic Balance dome tweeter with powerful neodymium magnet structure delivers clear and detailed high frequency response for realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments
- 5 1/4-inch Bi-laminate composite dynamic balance drivers are lightweight and stiff with good damping for high efficiency, excellent bass and lower distortion
- Multiple small-diameter driver design delivers wide dispersion, better mid-range, and more detailed bass response for an open, "box-less" three-dimensional sound
- Non-resonant all-MDF enclosure construction with 3/4-inch thick baffles ensures cleaner, clearer, more lifelike sound quality. (Tower models feature additional front to-back and side-to-side internal bracing for further reduced resonance.)
- Crossovers use Mylar bypass capacitors for more detailed high frequencies
4. Klipsch RB-51 II Black (Pr) 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers
Another good looking bookshelf speaker is the Klipsch Reference RB-51 II. It’s a speaker that gives you more output without using too much energy in the process. This is the ideal speaker for a medium-sized room that will only project dynamic sound.
You won’t get fatiguing sound with this model, and when you turn up the volume, the sound won’t distort. I can’t forget about the enhanced titanium Linear Travel Suspension horn-loaded tweeter and the 5.25-inch high output cerametallic woofer. It can be all yours for $199.99.
- Fills medium-sized rooms with dynamic sound reproduction
- Highly efficient design produces more output using less energy
- Accurate, non-fatiguing sound
- Plays louder with less distortion than the competition
- Enhanced 1" titanium Linear Travel Suspension horn-loaded tweeter
5. Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
The Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers mix elegance and efficiency into a single pair of speakers. You can pair your devices with the Bluetooth connection it features, and it doesn’t matter if its iOS, Android, Mac, or Windows.
The speakers also count on 2 AUX INPUT connections for a 3.5mm headphone jack or dual RCA output. So, you can easily plug in two devices at the same time and not have to choose one or the other.
With the remote control, it comes with; you can control the volume, switch input devices, and mute/unmute too. The speakers have a walnut wood finish that will add some style to any environment. They can be all yours for $149.99, and they also have a two-year warranty.
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTION - Pair your phone, tablet or computer for a true hassle free wireless experience, perfect for any iOS, Android, MacOS or Windows device.
- 2 x AUX INPUT - Convenient connection to any device that has a 3.5mm headphone output or dual RCA output. Connect to two devices via AUX at the same time, no plugging and switching needed.
- REMOTE CONTROL - switch input sources, control volume and mute/unmute at your figure tips.
- CLASSIC WOOD FINISH - High quality MDF wood build finished with walnut wood effect vinyl serves as a great compliment to any home decor.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - Guaranteed high quality and reliability with hassle-free parts and labor warranty for two years in USA and Canada.
6. Mackie CR4
For $119.99 you can get your hands on the Mackie CR4 Bookshelf Speakers. They offer a relatively loud and accurate 50W output of sound, and they also come with Bluetooth for $50 more.
These bookshelf speakers measure 8.2 x 5.5 x 6.2 inches, and they also come with some isolation pads. You can use these pads to decrease the noise and vibrations.
Thanks to the speaker replacement switch, you can decide what side gets the knob for even more convenience. Plug your phone into the speakers and listen to your favorite playlist without a complicated setup.
- Studio-quality design, sound and performance ideal for multimedia creation and entertainment
- Ultra-wide frequency range perfect for full-range multimedia (80Hz - 20kHz)
- Choose which side of your desk gets the volume knob with CR4's convenient speaker placement switch
- Convenient front panel volume knob with lit power ring gives you on/off/volume control and power indication where you need it
- Plug your smartphone or other source right into the front of the speakers and listen instantly
7. Edifier USA e25 Luna Eclipse
Add some color to your bookshelves with the Edifier e25 Luna Eclipse Bookshelf Speakers. For $199.99 you can get a pair of speakers that will give your home that finishing touch. For that price, you also get speakers that feature a 3-inch bass driver on the rear, 2-inch, and 3-inch passive bass radiator on one of the speaker.
On the front of the speakers, you’ll also see a 2-inch silk dome tweeter that can give you an output of 74W. The speakers measure 9 x 5 Inches so that they will fit nicely on any bookshelf.
Other useful features that the speakers have are Bluetooth pairing capabilities, touch-sensitive buttons, Auxiliary input, 3-inch bass driver, electronic crossover, and a dedicated power amplifier.
- Bluetooth pairing capability with Bluetooth enabled devices
- Touch sensitive controls for volume, play/pause, previous/next track and standby as well as wireless remote for volume and power
- Auxiliary input port for versatile connectivity to external devices
- Electronic crossover and dedicated power amplifier to each tweeter and bass drivers
- 3-Inch bass driver and 19mm silk dome tweeter in each speaker and dual 2 inch x 3 inch passive bass radiators for enhanced bass effect in each speaker
8. BIC America DV62si
You can tell that this is a quality speaker since it has the name BIC America in the title. The BIC America DV62SI Bookshelf Speaker is available for $119.95 without expert setup, and $190.89 with an expert installation.
It features 6.5-inch ploy graphite woofer, 0.75-inch soft dome tweeter, video-shielded 2-way venturi-tuned vent, black laminated finish, and a20,000 Hz frequency response. The amplifiers can offer 10-150 watt per channel, and there is also the 6-inch poly/graphite woofer.
- 6.5" poly graphite woofer
- 0.75" soft dome tweeter
- Video-shielded, 2-way, Venturi-tuned vent bookshelf speakers
- Black laminate finish
- 2-way, tuned-vent bookshelf speakers with wide, 43 to 20,000 Hz frequency response for deep bass and extended treble
9. Yamaha NS-6490
Yes, Yamaha also makes excellent speakers too and with the Yamaha NS-6490 speakers. You enjoy 3-way design for the best possible sound. You even get auxiliary speakers that you can place elsewhere to enhance the sound.
Each speaker comes with an enclosure that has three drivers and an eight woofer, a four midrange and a 0.75 dome tweeter that can reach a frequency response range of 45Hz to 23kHz. The goodies don’t end there since the speakers are magnetically shielded so they can suit home-theatre-apps.
The bookshelf speakers can also support 70 watts of continuous amplifier power or if you prefer 140 watts peak amplifier power for the channels available.
- These 3-way speakers can be added anywhere in your home component sound system front or rear speakers, even as auxiliary speakers for another room
- Each speaker enclosure has 3 drivers - an 8 woofer/ a 4 midrange/ a 0.75 dome tweeter that work together to provide an 45Hz to 23Khz frequency response range
- Magnetically shielded to suit home-theater applications
10. M-Audio AV42 Compact Studio Speakers
The M-Audio AV42 Compact Speakers are compatible with your tablet, phone, and your computer. That’s a plus since you may use those devices to listen to music anyway. These speakers are an excellent option for gamers and to use as a computer speaker.
The speakers feature a four-inch woofer with an integrated A/B type amplifier that outputs 20 W per channel. If you want to give these speakers a try, they will only set you back $124.29.
- Entry-level, compact desktop monitors to form basis of small home studio
- Flexible, uncovered speaker cones for improved sound quality
- 4-inch woofer, 20-watt per channel amplifier with Class A/B architecture
- RCA inputs for connecting gaming systems, DJ gear, mixers and more
- Compatible with all your gear, including your tablet, computer, or mobile device
11. Fluance Signature Series HiFi Bookshelf Surround Sound Speakers
Last but not least, you have the Fluance Signature Series HiFi Two-way Bookshelf Surround Sound Speakers. They have neodymium tweeters, crafted with audio grade wood, and woven glass fiber cone on pointed midrange dome.
They can be a little on the bulky side, but if you have the space for them, they are an excellent choice. The speakers offer good quality sound thanks to the good-quality copper winding and the pointed design that you can clearly see.
You don’t have to worry about unwanted resonance since it’s made out of unique audio-grade wood. They are available now for $199.99.
- Mastering precision and sonic accuracy, the Signature Series uses only premium components that ensure high fidelity sound transporting the concert into your living room
- Ultra high-end Neodymium tweeters produce high frequencies with captivating clarity and truly immersive surround sound
- Midrange pointed dome allows sound waves to travel directly from the center of the woven glass fiber cone for an enhanced soundstage
- Acoustically inert, the cabinets are precision crafted with engineered wood to create a warm, distortion-free sound
- Industry leading full lifetime parts and labor manufacturer's direct warranty with lifetime customer support
You don’t have to pay a lot of money for good-quality bookshelf speakers. You can find great options on this list for bookshelf speakers under $200. There are options from top-notch brands that you might not have expected to be on the list in the first place.
Which speaker do you think you’re going to get? Leave a comment and share your choice.