Wacom Tablet is an amazing device if you want to utilize Windows to draw something – no matter whether you use Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or any other tool. Technically, you can do it using a mouse but it’s very difficult. Hence, you need the Wacom tablet for greater precision and the comfort to design something quickly.
However, using a Wacom tablet on Windows 10 can be quite frustrating when you get the error – “Wacom Tablet Driver Not Found“.
Do not panic, if you’re facing the issue and you have come looking for the solution – we will help you out with the best possible solutions to solve it. It is an easy fix – but you need to be sure what’s causing the issue. So, there are a couple of different methods to fix Wacom Tablet Driver Not Found error, and we will talk about here.
3 Easy Solutions to Fix ‘Wacom Tablet Driver Not Found’
In this article, you’ll learn how to fix ‘Wacom tablet driver not found’ error. We’ll show you as many as 3 ways to fix this error so that you can use your Wacom Tablet without any issue.
1. Re-install or Update the Wacom tablet driver
Sometimes the Wacom tablet driver stops working. It’s tough to find out the reason – but a quick re-install/update could solve the problem in a jiffy. It is recommended that you should definitely check for updates to the driver if you are facing an issue. If there’s no update, re-installation is the way to go. Here’s how to do that:
- Launch the device manager by typing in “Device manager” in the search bar.
- After you open it, head to “Human Interface Devices“. Here, you should find the Wacom tablet driver listed (a reference image shown below).
- Select the driver and right-click on it to select “Uninstall driver“. Fret not, after doing this, you can right-click anywhere on the window and click “Scan for hardware changes“. It should automatically re-install the driver if you have the device connected – if not, it should appear when you plug it in.
- In either case, if that didn’t help, right-click on the Wacom Tablet Driver again and check for an update. If there’s an update, let it install and check again later.
If you do not have the driver listed, just like us. You need to follow an alternative to update the drive, here’s what you need to do:
- Search for “Wacom Desktop Center” in the search bar and launch it (As shown in the image above).
- In the left sidebar menu, you will find the option “Updates“. Click on it to see if there’s an update available. Do note that you need to sign in as well.
2. Restart the Wacom Service
Another progam might have conflicted with the Wacom service or maybe a Windows update could have potentially stopped the Wacom service. In that case, you will also find the error “Wacom Tablet Driver not found“.
To restart the services, follow the steps below:
- Type in “Services” in the search bar and launch the Service manager.
- Now, search for anything that contains the word “Wacom“. For instance, I have “Wacom Professional Service” active on my system. Although, for me, it is running. If you find the status of service as “Stopped” – just right-click on it and select “Restart“.
That’s it! It should work.
If this method does not work for you, then you have one last solution to try to fix the Wacom tablet driver problem. Read on..
3. Start Windows in Safe Mode
Note: This is not exactly a direct solution, but it will help you find the problem.
Sometimes a background program/service might be interfering and conflicting with another program/service you want to use. In order to be sure, you can opt for Safe Mode where Windows will only load up a limited set of (restricted to system-specific) drivers and programs.
Here’s how to enter safe mode:
- Search for “System Configuration” and launch it.
- Now, head to the “Boot” section, and tick the “Safe boot” option.
- When you do that, you will always have the safe mode running when you restart Windows. If you want to disable, just go to the same option and untick it. Baam!
If you don’t find the option, press Windows key + R and then type in “msconfig” and you will get the option.
So, when you restart Windows in the Safe Mode, you have to check whether the Wacom tablet works. If it works in the Safe mode but not the other way around – you can confirm that there is a 3rd party service or program that is interefering with Wacom Tablet’s driver to fail.
Now, as per your test – if you have no issues while in Safe mode – you need to troubleshoot further to know which 3rd party program is most likely to conflict Wacom’s service.
I would recommend you to perform a clean boot by following the official Microsoft support blog which helps you disable all the 3rd party services at once. And, then you can use the Wacom tablet without any driver issues.
I hope that this guide helped you fix the “Wacom tablet driver not found” issue – if not, you should tell us about your problem and we can help you out!
What do you use? A Wacom tablet? Is it good? Would you recommend it for professionals?
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.