Webinars, which stand for web seminars, get to enjoy a more privileged position than many thought they could ever have. Most people have not returned to the office; so, organizations with more employees have to turn to webinars. Regular meetings via Zoom, Google Meet, or Teams do not cut it. Furthermore, the optimized setup of webinars using the best webinar software will help employers ensure the proper functioning of their organization.
Needless to say, webinars have become an integral part of our lives, and attending and hosting webinars are new normals. With live webinars holding such an important role in our daily lives, choosing the best webinar software becomes very crucial.
Because if you fail to choose the right webinar hosting software, you as well as your webinar attendees might have to deal with bad experiences while hosting a live webinar, right? So, how do you choose the best webinar software for your business?
I’m going to tell you exactly that, in this blog post. But first, learn what is a webinar.
- What is a Webinar?
- Reasons to Use Webinars
- What is Webinar Software?
- What does ‘the Best Webinar Software’ mean?
- How to Choose the Best Webinar Software?
- 1. Consider Budget while choosing a webinar software
- 2. Check for Content support accessibility before choosing webinar software
- 3. Look for Webinar Recording functionality while selecting webinar hosting software:
- 4. Look for Payment Gateway Support for Hosting Paid Webinars
- 5. Ensure whether Webinar software allows important Integrations to other services
- 6. Consider the number of allowed Attendees when choosing the best webinar software
- 7. Look for Analytics and other data tools while selecting live-webinar software for you
- 8. Take a look at various Features offered by webinar hosting software
- Top 10 Best Webinar Software for Cheap Budget Small Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About Webinar Software
- The Pro Review from TechReviewPro
What is a Webinar?
Webinar is a term used to refer to video-based seminars that are conducted online. Webinars are used in a wide variety of scenarios, including academics, marketing, training, etc.
For instance, educational institutions may use webinars to conduct conferences and symposiums. On the other hand, companies can use webinars to train their employees or carry out marketing campaigns.
Depending on the situation, webinars could be live or prerecorded. Prerecorded webinars, also known as automated webinars, are also known as evergreen webinars.
It is essential to know that both live and prerecorded webinars may have multiple hosts and interactive elements. As for the duration, a typical webinar could be as short as 10 minutes or as long as 2-3 hours.
If you didn’t know, webinars are considered one of the best ways to reach a vast audience and persuade them to take decisions.
Reasons to Use Webinars
Here are some reasons why your organization should use webinars for marketing, training, or a cause.
- Webinars are comparatively great when it comes to retaining attention from the audience. However, research has shown that webinars under 90 minutes are pretty good at this.
- You can use webinars to present a wide variety of content. You can deliver content that is not usually reliable via blog posts, YouTube videos, or email marketing campaigns alone.
- As far as lead generation is concerned, webinars can be magical. Because you can use many interactive elements, you can attract more people to your brand or cause.
- Webinars are suitable for various industries as well. Market analysis has shown that all sectors have tried to use webinars.
What is Webinar Software?
Webinar software is a software suite that can enable people to conduct webinars online. Webinar software will have different ends — for the host and the attendees.
For the attendee, webinar software is a method to connect to the webinar. On the other hand, for hosts, webinar software is a great way to conduct online interactions.
Depending on the webinar software, you can find different options. For example, some webinar software allows you to share your device screen and the input from the web camera.
There could also be options to share content such as videos and images. As a host, you can also deploy a few marketing techniques for lead generation and audience retention.
What does ‘the Best Webinar Software’ mean?
When it comes to live webinar hosting, there are hundreds of webinar software to choose from. But how do you select the best webinar software from the hundreds of options?
In the end, your company needs reliable, powerful, and cost-effective webinar software. For example, you do not want to pay extra for features that you would never use.
Similarly, unless your organization is in the IT sector, webinar software with complicated dashboards and advanced tools is almost unnecessary. But, of course, I understand these objectives are not absolute.
How to Choose the Best Webinar Software?
You have to consider the following aspects when choosing the best webinar software from the market:
1. Consider Budget while choosing a webinar software
You have to consider how much you are willing to spend on the webinar software.
Most of these communication suites come with a monthly subscription plan.
Depending on the features you need, you can pick one of the more inexpensive or expensive options.
2. Check for Content support accessibility before choosing webinar software
Not all webinar software is good when it comes to showing all types of content. You cannot show screen-sharing content on all platforms, for instance.
Similarly, you may have to see if the tool support embedding options.
3. Look for Webinar Recording functionality while selecting webinar hosting software:
You also have to choose between live and prerecorded webinars.
You may also have to check if the webinar software allows you to record the webinar for sharing it later. It could be pretty crucial while using the webinar software for training and education needs.
4. Look for Payment Gateway Support for Hosting Paid Webinars
The best webinar software would also depend on whether you want to collect payment for participation.
In that case, the software must have an option for registration payment, along with integration with PayPal or Stripe.
5. Ensure whether Webinar software allows important Integrations to other services
Conducting a successful webinar requires a lot of information from different sectors. It may require your email marketing list from MailChimp or ConvertKit.
Therefore, you have to ensure that the webinar software offers support for these services.
6. Consider the number of allowed Attendees when choosing the best webinar software
The potential size of the webinar is a significant factor that lets you decide on the best webinar software in town.
You should see if the webinar tool allows you to have the correct number of members at a time. You should also check out the maximum number of hosts and presenters.
7. Look for Analytics and other data tools while selecting live-webinar software for you
You will always have to understand whether the webinar was successful, correct?
To make that possible, you need access to a data analytics tool. Therefore, you must see if the webinar software gives you access to that.
8. Take a look at various Features offered by webinar hosting software
Of course, you have to consider the additional features you may need in the package. For instance, you may want options like presentation support, prerecorded videos, live chat, translation, and moderation.
The best webinar software for you will be a mixture of all the points I have discussed above. You can also check if the webinar software is offering dedicated solutions for your use-case scenario.
For instance, you can find many plans that are tailor-made for educational and training purposes. Similarly, finding the right templates for marketing-based webinars would not be challenging, either.
Top 10 Best Webinar Software for Cheap Budget Small Business
To put an end to this confusion, I talked to some people who conduct and join several webinars per week. Based on their suggestions, popular opinion, in-depth reviews, and ratings, I have listed the best webinar software you can get this year.
I have tried to keep the list as diverse as possible, including webinar software solutions made for different uses.
Demio is undoubtedly one of the most popular webinar software you can get right now. The webinar suite lets you run effective webinars without hassle.
For instance, Demio does not want the participant to download anything for the webinar experience. At the same time, you can use several marketing widgets, interactive tools, and analytics to explore the different aspects of the webinar.
- It is easy to set up and get started with
- It offers an intuitive and minimal User Interface design
- It provides chat, poll, and discussion widgets
- The platform makes it easy to generate leads
- The webinar software is suitable for other events
- You can leverage the 24*7 tech support
- Potential integration with ConvertKit, MailChimp, GetResponse, etc.
- Built-in recording and sharing options
- Low attendee limit for the starter plan
- Starter Plan — Up to 50 Attendees, 3-Hour Session Limit, Standard Support — $34/month
- Growth Plan — Up to 500 Attendees, 8-Hour Session Limit, Custom Room, Automation — $69/month
- Premium Plan — Up to 1000 Attendees, 10-Hour Session Limit, Custom Domains, Event Tech Support, and Premium Integrations — custom pricing
Livestorm claims to be a better webinar and video conferencing software for companies. It is recommended by industry experts and is loved for its simple design.
According to the company, its customers have had a whopping 181% of ROI from lead generation. In addition, the no-download webinar software claims to have increased the total attendance rate as well.
- It offers a more optimized experience for companies
- Provides options like live chat, polls, and Q&A sessions
- The ability to turn on and turn off features by demand
- Impressive integration with Salesforce, HubSpot, MailChimp, etc.
- Dedicated features for lead generation and ROI boosting
- Offers an all-in-one suite for larger events and huge webinars
- Webinar automation options, including scheduling
- Customizable viewing/screening options
- The lack of dedicated apps could be a problem with connectivity
- Free Plan — Unlimited Event, 20 Minutes Session Limit, Up to 10 Registrants,
- Premium Plan — 4 Hours Session Limit, up to 100 Registrants, Instant Meeting with up to 12 people — $99 per month per Host
- Enterprise Plan — 3000 Registrants, Dedicated CSM, Priority support, Multiple workspaces, unified billing, SAML SSO, etc.
You should consider WebinarJam if you are looking for the most advanced webinar software in the market. It has become a favourite industry solution for webinar hosting in the past years, with several thousand people using it for different events.
It is also one of the few webinar software solutions with up to 5,000 attendees and 6 presenters. However, it does not make things complex, either.
- Up to 5000 attendees in a webinar (one of the highest)
- Dedicated features for large-capacity webinars
- It offers more room for customization and automation
- Allows different plans based on the attendees you want
- The ability to show up to 6 presenters on the screen
- Built-in support for live-streaming via YouTube and Facebook
- Automated recording and sharing options with attendees
- Enhanced amount of control over moderation and private messages
- Requires download of the app
- Basic — Unlimited webinars, 500 Attendees, 2 hosts, 2-Hour Session Limit — $499/year.
- Professional — Unlimited webinars, 2000 Attendees, 3-Hour Session Limit, Always-on Live Room, and the Panic Button — $699/year.
- Enterprise — Unlimited webinars, 5000 Attendees, 4-Hour Session Limit, Always-on Live Room, the Panic Button, and the Control Panel — $999/year.
ClickMeeting is another all-in-one solution for online meetings, webinars, and other interactions. The better part is using the software in different environments, such as education, team members, or client-based presentations.
Therefore, you can use the ClickMeeting webinar software for product demos, online courses, huge online events, and in-depth collaborative tasks.
- A quite performance-friendly design
- Supports up to 9 hours of webinar time
- Can accommodate up to 2000 attendees
- Custom webinar broadcasting room for additional control
- Offers data analytics, interactive widgets, and automation tech
- It supports up to 8 cameras on the screen
- You can set up custom parallel events with registration
- Advanced features like toll-free numbers and PayPal integration
- The pricing plans are pretty expensive.
- Free Plan — 8 Cameras, 1 Host, HD Quality, Standard Statistics, Standard Integrations
- Live Plan — 8 Cameras, 1 Host, 3 Multi users, Paid webinars, toll-free numbers, PayPal and PayU — $119 for 100 Attendees
- Automated Plan — 8 Cameras, 4 Presenters, Custom Parallel Events, 2 GB file storage, HD recording, huge online events support, extensive support — $145 for 100 Attendees
You should check out EasyWebinar if you need an effortless way to conduct and manage live webinars. Of course, you would not have any problem using the same for automated events from other categories.
It is used by companies like Dolby, Drip, ClientPoint, and AWeber. There are a couple of features that make it easy for people to get started with EasyWebinar.
- Built-in EasyCast for streaming via Facebook and YouTube
- Support for live and automated webinars
- Solid localization and customization options for each event
- Incredible integration with Active Campaign, HubSpot, etc.
- Advanced payment options via PayPal and Stripe on the higher tier
- Unlimited recording and replay options for all users
- Offers a single-click sign-up technology
- The higher tier can be expensive
- Standard Plan — 100 live attendees, Instant onboarding call, EasyCast support, chat support — $78 per month.
- Pro Plan — 500 live attendees, Custom fields registration, EasyCast support, etc. — $129 per month.
- Enterprise Plan — 2000 live attendees, Dedicated account, Unlimited attendees on automated ones — $499 per month.
BlueJeans is a different type of webinar software that caters to organizations that want to skyrocket all their marketing efforts. A product from Verizon, BlueJeans has become the favourite of many companies globally.
Compared to other webinar software that I have discussed, BlueJeans will stand out due to a couple of its unique features. Customizability is simply one of the many options.
- The ability to virtualize your venue in every way you want
- A simple digital dashboard makes it easy to manage content
- Dedicated options and control UIs for large-capacity events
- It offers moderators a 360-degree view of the event
- Advanced options for insights capture and data conversion
- Built-in integration and HTML embedding options
- Tech-friendly customer support for dedicated help
- Super-affordable plans
- Not great for beginners
- Free Trial — 50 attendees, limited meeting recording, unlimited group meetings.
- Pro Plan — Up to 150 attendees, 25 hours recording, infinite duration — $19.99 per month.
- Enterprise Plan — Up to 200 attendees, unlimited recording, brand customization, etc. — custom pricing.
LiveWebinar is a cloud-based webinar software that you can customize according to your needs. Therefore, if you are looking for a webinar hosting tool that you can optimize for your organization, it is a great choice.
An amazing thing about LiveWebinar is that you can enjoy the video and audio in High-Definition quality. Of course, you would not have trouble integrating necessary widgets and options, either.
- Built-in support for live and recorded webinar sessions in HD quality
- Integrated options for sharing your video and desktop content instantly
- Interactive elements such as polls, CTAs, in-person chat, attendee feedback, etc.
- It comes with a whiteboard feature that enables high-quality content presentation
- Despite the advanced features, the webinar software has a simplified User Interface
- Options to connect to attendees via chat, call, and text messages
- Suitable for live webinars and huge events with multiple hosts and presenters
- Assistive customer support with impressive response time
- Requires technical expertise for the first-time setup
- Free — Up to 5 attendees, 2 hours of recording, screen sharing, and automation.
- Pro Plan — Up to 100 attendees, 6 hours of recording, YouTube player, chat translation — $11.99/month.
- Business Plan — Up to 100 attendees, 8 hours of recording, Full HD recording, participant tracking, banner ads support — $95.20/month.
- Custom Pricing — Up to 1000 attendees, custom features and add-ons, live-streaming support — custom.
#8 Zoho Meeting
Zoho Meeting is an all-in-one online meeting software that you can use for webinars and web conferencing. It has been optimized for complete scalability while offering top-notch security.
If you already use the work suite from Zoho, integrating the Meeting module with the ecosystem is easier than ever. The product offers incredible features in the package as well.
Zoho Meeting Pros
- Easy to set up and get started with the webinar management process
- Offers a superb set of interactive webinar management/meeting tools
- Integrates well with other products from the Zoho office suite, including Mail
- It does not require any download of the software for joining meetings
- Offers support for sharing audio, video, and screen content from multiple devices
- Dedicated mobile apps for popular platforms such as Android and iOS
- Built-in recording options and the ability to share these recordings in a click
- A straightforward meeting moderation system with ample controls
Zoho Meeting Cons
- It does not come with enough reporting options
Zoho Meeting pricing:
- Webinar — 25 attendees — $19 per month
- Webinar — 50 attendees — $29 per month
- Webinar — 100 attendees — $39 per month
- Webinar — 250 attendees — $79 per month
GoToWebinar comes from GoTo, an online communication service provider from LogMeIn. You can consider getting GoToWebinar if you are looking for a hassle-free webinar platform for varying needs.
The software is trusted by thousands of companies and is suitable for modern events in different industries. The package comes with many elements that help you in training and corporate communications.
- Optimized for different use-case scenarios from multiple industries
- It offers an advanced analytics dashboard where you can track engagement and NPS
- Automated communication options, including reminders, invites, follow-ups, etc.
- A variety of interactive elements, such as live Q&A, polls, and surveys
- Integrated options for certificates, payment via Stripe, and attachments
- HD quality content and highest-quality audio during meetings and webinars
- Support for up to 100,000 attendees without downloading the software
- Built-in support for prerecorded webinars and live options
- Expensive pricing
- Starter Plan — 100 participants, 1 channel page, payment options, GoToStage — $89/month.
- Pro Plan — 500 participants, 3 channel pages, custom URL, Transcripts, source tracking, video sharing, no-download system — $199/month.
- Plus Plan — 1000 participants, 5 channel pages, video embedding, all options from previous plans, better customer support — $429/month.
Livestream is a live-streaming solution from Vimeo. If you are a corporate entity that wants to conduct huge events, you can count on what Livestream has to offer.
Used by companies like LinkedIn, Deloitte, and Kansas State University, Livestream is optimal for education institutions and government entities alike. Of course, you can quickly scale the service for simple webinars with the highest streaming quality.
- It can accommodate a massive amount of attendees
- The service is suitable for corporate and enterprise scenarios
- High-quality streaming options with recording preferences
- The plans come with unlimited storage options
- Integrated sharing options with platforms like YouTube, Twitch, and Periscope
- Support for live production graphics, moderation, etc.
- Highly responsive and reliable support channels, available 24*7
- It is easy to embed on your website or social media platform
- Limited options for user interaction
- Basic Plan — Full HD live-streaming, graphical overlays, unlimited events — $75/month.
- Premium Plan — All Basic features included, plus analytics and live embedding options — $199/month.
Frequently Asked Questions About Webinar Software
What is the best software to use for webinars?
While there is no single best webinar software for everyone, I can recommend Demio as the best-in-class option. It offers a comprehensive webinar management experience for different scenarios and customers.
Is Zoom good for webinars?
Zoom is a good option for entry-level webinars, but it cannot be a sustainable solution. It is because Zoom does not offer many controls in terms of content moderation and webinar management.
How can I host a webinar for free?
You can find a number of free webinar software in the market, including Google Hangouts. You can also use the free trial or free-tier version of paid webinar software to get the proper idea.
How much does webinar software cost?
You may have to pay different prices to get different plans for webinar management software. However, in general, the monthly plans start from as low as $10 per month.
Do I need a camera to be in a webinar?
You need a camera to be in a webinar only if you are presenting something on your own. If you want to listen to the content on the webinar, you do not need a camera. In fact, there are many webinar hosts who never show their faces, as well.
Which free platform is best for webinars?
A number of free platforms are available for conducting and managing webinar events. Google Hangouts, Zoho, GoToWebinar, etc. are some of the options you can check out.
The Pro Review from TechReviewPro
I believe you could find the best webinar software for your needs from this compilation. However, please keep in mind that you should not make a choice entirely based on the pricing.
While monthly pricing is an essential factor, savings will not help you streamline the webinar management process. Instead, you have to focus on management options, content quality, and ease of use.
I’m sure that you can find at least one of the suitable options from the top webinar software I have recommended.