Do you remember, Aladdin and The Magical Lamp?
Aladdin rubs The Magical Lamp, The Genie comes and asks “My Master ! How may I serve you today ?” Aladdin replies his wish and The Genie of Magical Lamp completes the work. [Read Complete Story]
Google Now Voice Commands are similar “Magical Lamp.” You are Aladdin, you command, and Google [being Genie] fetches the information for you.
What is Google Now?
According to this Wiki Article,
Google Now is an intelligent personal assistant developed by Google. It is available within the Google Search mobile application for Android, as well as the Google Chrome web browser on personal computers.
Google Now Voice Commands are magical commands that provide you the information you wish to have more smartly. No matter whether you are riding a bicycle, driving a car, running in the play ground, working-out in Gym, cooking delicious foods in the kitchen or just roaming with your friends – Google Now provides the right information at the right time.
From knowing the weather before you start your day, to planning the best route to avoid traffic, or even checking your favorite team’s score while they’re playing, get the information you want, when you need it. That’s what Google Now is!
How Google Now Works?
When you pick up your phone and say “OK Google“. . . .your phone starts listening. The microphone icon appearing on screen starts pulsing, and you speak your wish by providing Google Now voice commands to your phone and Google dives into its powerful search engines to find information for you.
Not only search information, but you may also ask Google to manage your to-do list and come-up with ideas to let you know what to do next.
So just start commanding Google and “the Genie” is ready for you “Mr. Aladdin“. 😀
How to Get Google Now?
No matter whether you are using android phone or tablets, iOS devices, Chrome based desktop computers or wearable tech gadgets like Google glasses, smart watches, etc. you may still get quick and easy access to Google Now.
Here is how Google describes the process of getting Google now: Check official Google Now page. However, if you are using Android OS, you may make your smartphone screen much smarter by getting Google Now Launcher from Google Play store. Take a look at this video from Android channel.
127+ Amazing Google Now Voice Commands List to Do Magical Things With Google
Ideally, you may try any of the Google Now voice commands, and if Google couldn’t understand what you commanded, you may easily correct it by saying, “No Google, I said . . . . . .”. 😉 It is really exciting and innovative as you can do many magical things with Google Now.
Today, I’m sharing a list of amazing Google Now voice command lists. So command your Android phone, tablet, iOS devices or Chrome desktop with these magical voice commands and see the magic.
Google Now Voice Commands for General Information
- “Search for [WordPress SEO Tips]?”
- “Search for [Whats’s trending now on Twitter ?]”
- “Say [where is the Movie theater] in [Spanish]?”
- “How do you say [thanks] in [Japanese]?”
- “What is [Computer]?”
- “Who invented [Android]?”
- “What is the meaning of [Brb, Lol, and WTF]?”
- “Who is married to [Brack Obama]?”
- “Stock price of [Microsoft]”
- “Author of [Furious 7]”
- “How old is [Lionel Messi]?”
- “Where was [Mahatma Gandhi] born?”
- “Show me pictures of [the Taj Mahal]”
- “Post to Google+ [I’m falling in love with Google Now]”
- “Post to Google+ [feeling mesmerized]”
- “Post to Twitter [Google Now is mind-blowing !]”
Google Now Voice Commands for Notes & Reminders
- “Remind me to [buy Pastry] at [6 PM]”
- “Remind me [when I get / next time I’m at] [home / work / other location] [to send a text SMS to Sophie]”
- “Note it down: [There are 8 Reasons Why Google’s Android Lollipop is Best Ever Android Release]”
- “Note to self: [I always forget that my Facebook Password is “Incorrect Password”]”
Google Now Voice Commands for Alarm & Calender
- “Set an alarm for [4 AM]”
- “Wake me up in [6 hours]”
- “Set a timer for [25 minutes]”
- “Create a calendar event: [I have to pay my electricity bills] on [ 1st of May, 10 AM]”
- “Create a calendar event: [Watching Movie in theater] [Saturday at 8 PM]”
- “When’s my [next meeting]?”
- “When’s the [next blockbuster movie releasing]?”
- “What is my schedule for [tomorrow]?”
- “What is my to-do list for [now]?”
Time & Date Voice Commands for Google Now
- “What time is it in [New Delhi]?”
- “When is the sunset [in Japan]”
- ”What is the time zone of [California]”
- “Time at Office”
- “Difference between the time zone of [IST and PST]”
Weather Related Google Now Voice Commands
- “What’s the weather like?”
- “Is it going to rain [tomorrow / Sunday]”
- “What’s the weather in [Albama]?”
- “How’s the weather in [Florida] on [Monday] going to be?”
- “Do I need an umbrella today?”
Maps & Navigation Based Google Now Voice Commands
- “Map of [New York]”
- “Show me the nearby [market] on the map.”
- “Navigate to [North Carolina] on the car.”
- “How far is [South Carolina] from [North Carolina]?”
- “Directions to [address / business name / other destination]”
- “Where is the [Parliament House of India]”
- “Find out the [Lords Cricket Ground] in [London]”
Communication Related Voice Commands for Google Now
- “Call [Mike]”
- “Call [the Asian Art Museum]”
- “Call [mom / dad / wife / uncle / aunt …]” (Relationship must be added in your contacts)
- “Send [email] to [Daniel], [Subject: Meeting], [Message: Re-scheduled to 6 PM]”
- “Send [SMS] to [John mobile], [don’t forget to buy movie tickets]”
- “[Contact name]”
- “Find [Kristy’s] [phone number / email / address]”
- “Listen to voicemail”
- “When is [Mary’s] birthday?”
Sports Related Google Now Voice Commands
- “How are [the Sydney Sixers] doing?”
- “When is the next [Chennai Super Kings] game?”
- “Show me the [Indian Premier League] points table.”
- “Did [Los Angeles Lakers] win their last game?”
Google Now Voice Commands for Conversions & Calculations
- “What is the tip for  dollars?”
- “Convert [currency / length …] to [currency / length …]”
- “How much is  times ?”
- “What is  percent of ?”
- “Square root of ”
- “….. equals”
- “[arithmetic expression] equals”
Flight Information Related Google Now Voice Commands
- “Flight [AA 125]?”
- “Flight status of [AA 125]”
- “Has [LH 210] landed?”
- “When will [AA 120] land / depart?”
- “Show me my flights.”
Entertainment and Media Related Google Now Voice Commands
- “Listen to / play [Gangnam Style] by [PSY]?”
- “YouTube [how to reveal password hidden behind asterisks]?”
- “Who acted in [Furious 7]?”
- “Who is the producer of [Clash of Titans]?”
- “When was [Avatar] released?”
- “Runtime of [The Last Airbender]”
- “Listen to free music online without downloading”
- “What’s this song?”
- “What songs does [Lady Gaga] sing?”
- “Play some music.”
- “Watch [Thor]”
- “Read [the Aesop’s Fables]”
- “What movies are playing [tonight]?”
- “Where is [X-Men] playing?”
- “Watch free movies online without downloading“
Google Now Voice Commands for Best Web Browsing Experience
- “Go to [Tech Crunch]?”
- “Open [TechReviewPro.com]”
- “Show me [android.com]”
- “Browse to [xda-developers.com]”
Drive/Dropbox/Cloud Based Google Now Voice Commands
- “Search for [document name] on Drive.”
- “Set the temperature to  degrees.”
- “Share [file name] with [Mike@gmail.com] on Dropbox”
- “Upload [file name] on OneDrive”
Other Useful Google Now Voice Commands
- “Help me.”
- “Where’s my package?” (tracking confirmation must be in Gmail)
- “Show me the menu for [Los Cubanos]”
Google Now Voice Commands Easter Eggs
- “When am I?”
- “Do a barrel roll.”
- “What’s the loneliest number?”
- “Make me a sandwich!”
- “Sudo, make me a sandwich!”
- “How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.”
- “Beam me up, Scotty!”
- “Tilt / Askew.”
- “Up up down down left right left right.”
- “Tea, Earl Grey, hot” (That’s a hard one)
- “Go go gadget [app name]”
- “When does the narwhal bacon?”
- “What is the Bacon number of [random actor]?”
- “What does the fox say?”
- “What is the nature of the universe?”
- “Who’s on first?”
- “Lions, and Tigers, and Bears…”
- “Who are you?”
- “What is the answer to life, the universe, and everything?”
Funny Google Now Voice Commands to Get Magical Answers
- “Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right,” and Google will answer: “Cheat mode unlocked, unlimited free Google Searches.”
- “Who are you?” and Google will answer “Searching for oneself can take a lifetime, but a good place to start is classic rock.”
- “What is the nature of the universe?” and Google will respond “The universe is a spheroid, 705 meters in diameter”.
- “What is your favorite color?” – responds “It’s hard to pick just one.
- “When am I ?” Google responds “The present, of course. Tardis functionality is still under development, sorry.
Some Useful Google Now Voice Commands Tips and Tricks to Search Images Using Google Now
- “Images/photos/pictures of ”
- “Photos of at sunset.”
- “Images of ”
- “Show me the photos of at ”
- “Logo of TechReviewPro“
What’s New About Google Now?
Earlier Google started providing Google Now cards for some of your favorite third party apps to do more with Google Now. Recently, Google officially declared about the integration of 70 more third-party apps. You may check out the complete list of Google Now cards and third-party apps integration here on the official Google Now page.
What About Google Now Custom Voice Commands?
Custom Voice Commands are soon to be integrated with Google Now as selected group of developers are currently testing the custom voice commands feature. This upcoming feature is still in development mode, and if you are one of those developers, you may use this Google’s custom voice action interest form to suggest new custom action for your apps.
The Pro Review from TechReviewPro
Google Now voice commands are really exciting way to command Google to do things for you. It is really an innovative idea that will soon change the way you use your smartphone or any other gadgets. With Google developers working on Google Now, get sure that more voice commands to be added soon which means you’ll have more fun having even more powerful “Aladdin’s Magical Lamp.”
Hope you enjoyed the funny voice commands and useful information provided here. Do share with your friends on your social networks (just to reward me). Did I miss any? Do share your list of favorite voice commands and Google Now Tips-Tricks using the comment box below.
- Top 5 Google Voice Desktop App Clients for Mac, Linux & Windows
- What, Why and How to Use Google’s New Inbox by Gmail App?
- Everything You Need to Know About the Process of Getting Hired at Google [Infographic]
- 21+ Most Amazing Facts About Google Plus that You Might Not Be Knowing
- How to Learn Coding Online? – 13+ Excellent Programming Resources
- 15 Cool Notepad Tricks and Hacks to Do Cool Things with Notepad